Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Pink Wednesday!


Hey guys!

This is my first Pink Wednesday post! Okay so for those of you who don’t know, Pink Wednesday is a movement that was started by a few bloggers who love the movie Mean Girls and the color pink. If you’ve ever watched this movie then you know that “The Plastics” always wore pink on Wednesdays. Pink Wednesdays allows nail bloggers to share their pink manicures with other bloggers and nail polish fanatics.

I decided to join this group a few weeks ago but only got around to posting about this now and though I didn’t love the movie but I do love the concept so I’ll be trying to post pink manis on Wednesdays. Keep in mind that my schedule is already packed as it is so I can’t promise that I’ll be doing this every single week but I’ll try to post these as much as I can.

Enough of the chit chat let’s move on to the manicure of the day. Something about this screams Barbie to me. I started out with 3 coats of Sinful Colors in Fusion Neon. This color was a pain in the ass. The formula is thin and I kept on getting bald spots. MUCHO IRRITATING! Sinful Colors’ neons tend to be difficult to work with. The best thing to do would have been to start out with a white base. Oh well! You live and you learn. After realizing that it would be too hard to attain full opacity, I decided to add a layer of Nicole by OPI’s Make a Comet-Ment (LOVE that glitter). I used Sinful Colors’ Cream Pink on the ring finger and added a free hand design using KISS nail art paint in Bikini Pink. I sealed everything with my favourite Sally Hansen topcoat and voilà!

This look makes me miss my Barbie convertible.
FIERCE.



Here are links to the blogs of the ladies who started Pink Wednesdays:




Besos!
Vee…xox…
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard the pink ladies club. I like how you called it a "movement". :) excellent and lovely choice for your first week! Works real nice together :) Can't wait to see what you come up with next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marta! I LOVE PINK WEDNESDAYS! lol I'm already thinking about next week. Thank you for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete