Saturday, January 07, 2012

It's 2012. Ditch the baggage.


Hey Loves,

I was at work the other day watching some Twitter drama unfold between 2 young women (it was a slow day okay) over some falling out that they had like 5 years ago and it got me thinking…

When you have a problem with someone, how long do you wait before addressing it? Is it ever too late to confront someone? What if your hurt stems from something that happened years ago?

People have beef. I get it. However what I don’t get it why some people just can’t let go of the past! Why hold on to something that you cannot change? Why allow it to make you bitter? If you have a problem with someone, take it up with them as soon as possible. Don’t sit on your feelings for years and then think that the person who hurt you is going to be open to resurrecting drama you guys had back in 1974.

I, for one, think that drama should have an expiry date. Yes. An expiry date. That means that that if we have an argument I give you 2 weeks to let me know how you feel. After that we just have to agree to let the bullshit die.  Don’t come at me 5 years later talking about how you need to clear the air and get stuff off your chess. I’m just not hearing it.

Life is waaayyy too short to dwell on a painful past. You live. You learn. You keep it moving. What you don’t do is lose sleep or waste time thinking about what someone else did to you because reality is that that person is out there somewhere too busy to think about you.

#realtalk


Vee…xox…

No comments:

Post a Comment