Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh baby!


Hola!

Today’s manicure is a fun one.  A new year also brings new life and this is exactly what this look is about. My cousin is expecting a little boy in May and a girlfriend of mine is expecting a baby girl next month so I thought I’d make a baby shower themed mani. I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Blue Away on the pinky, middle finger and thumb. Next I did 2 coats of OPI’s Pink Friday on the ring finger and index. I freehanded the words Oh baby! on the middle finger (using acrylic paint) and stamped cute little footprints everywhere else. Once everything dried I added a coat of OPI’s I Juggle Men for some shimmer and finished with a coat of Sèche Vite.

Fun, cute and very baby shower appropriate.



Mattified.



Speaking of life, things were extra lively at my house when my niece Jojo came by the other day. My sister-in-law had locked them out of the house by accident so while she dealt with the locksmith; Jojo and I had some girl time! I’m the only chick at my house so I’m always up for girl time. She picked her own colors: OPI’s Swimsuit Nailed It! and Nicole by OPI’s Snow-man of my Dreams. To make the look extra special, she had me add a fimo star on the ring finger. I don’t know any other 7 year olds rocking nails this cool. My dad wouldn’t even let me wear nail polish at that age (boo!).

Cute combo Jojo!


 
Enjoy,
Vee…xox…


1 comment:

  1. I love your adorable baby shower mani! I am a new follower but I really like your blog so I passed you the Kreativ Blogger Award.

    To see the rules and my post, please visit http://thedragonlady-nailstoscales.blogspot.com/2012/01/kreativ-blogger-award-long-pic-heavy.html

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete