Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The Switch Up!


Hey loves!

  It’s my first day back at work since the holidays and I’m just not up for it. Got that song stuck in my head: “I don’t wanna work, I just wanna stay in the bed all daaaaayyyyy…”  Urgh! Did I also mention that I’m late for work?   
The look I want to show you today proves that a bland manicure can always ways be taken to the next level even with just a few subtle changes.  Both polishes, Take the Stage (reddish copper) and Rising Star (orangey gold), come from  OPI’s 2010 Winter collection but I had yet to try them. I thought the gold and copper would look nice together so I used Rising Star on the ring finger and Take the Stage on all the others. Nice shades but the look kinda bored me. I had to make this more interesting so I decided to go with a slight modification of the manicure I had done on a friend a few days ago. She wanted to recreate the look Rihanna wore in her You Da One video and that inspired me to create the same pattern using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out and to add a few rhinestones. Ahhhhh! Much better don’t you think?
Enjoy,
Vee…xox…

No comments:

Post a Comment