Saturday, May 12, 2012

Candy Themed nails feat. Gelish Shake It Til You Samba


Hey loves!

I have been loving my Gelish nails! I’m currently on my 3rd set and my nails look great if I do say so myself. Last night I decided to combine my love for Gelish and 3D nail art. This look is very bold, I decided to use a few molds and give freehand 3D nail art a try. The base color is Gelish’s Shake It Til You Samba with a coat of June Bride on the tips. The accent finger was then painted in Black Shadow. Using acrylic paint, I added some gum balls to the tips and wrote the words “Candy Girl” on the thumb. Finally I made a bow from scratch using green acrylic powder and added it to the ring finger along with some candy shaped embellishments (those were made with a mold). This look is really out there but I like it. 3D molds are great but I think I prefer the freehand embellishments.  The awesome thing is that these can last up to 3 weeks with no chips! One week in my case because I can’t stand having the same polish on for that long.

Enjoy!

Vee…xox…







No comments:

Post a Comment